Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: asio driver 2.0 and synthesizer

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Yves Le Guénec's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2001
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    1. I have recently loaded the asio driver 2.0 for my EWS 64XL on the Terratec website. Since I have installed it, all the audio synchronisation problems I had with the asio multimedia driver have been solved but since then also, I cannot use the midisoundbanks of my card anymore...
    Can someone explain me why ?
    All the songs I have recorded with Cubasis VST play whithout the midi files.

    2. I have now three choices on each midi track

    FM synthesizer
    midi play
    midi-1

    which one I shall chose if I want to play a midi instrument, using the soundbanks of my card, and what is the difference between them ?

    P.s: Thank you Gadi for your answer to my previous question. It worked !

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Shpongled's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2000
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Midi play is the one you choose when you want to hear soundbanks. You have to load some soundbank with Setmanager or with Ed!son to the EWS64 XL's ram to hear the sounds. Midi-1 is midi in and out in your soundcards frontpanel for hardware synths and other midi gear. And if I have understood right fm synthesizer is synth in EWS64 XL... but it's crap... don't use it... at least don't make whole song with it. smile

    ------------------

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Yves Le Guénec's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2001
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank You Shpongled for your kind answer...

    My first question (no more midi sounds) has also found its answer on Terratec's website FAQs for the EWS 64XL (question n? 26).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •